Homemade Gourmet Popcorn
What Better Way To Celebrate Then To Make Your Own Gourmet Popcorn! If You Have A Popcorn Popper At Home We Recommend Using Plain, Unsalted, Unbuttered Kernels However, A Bag Of Lightly Salted Popcorn Popped In The Microwave Will Do Just Fine. You Can Never Go Wrong With Sweet And Salty.
- 8 cups of popped popcorn
- ½ lb merckens chocolate candy coatings (we used pink but white or any other color is fine)
- ¼ tsp LorAnn flavoring, we used cinnamon bun (Or to taste. Use less if using the oils)
- 4 tablespoons paramount crystals (this will thin the candy coatings so you get nice even coverage. The flavoring can also thicken the coatings, so this helps keep things fluid)
- Melt your candy coatings in a microwave safe container, 20 seconds at a time in the microwave. Stirring in between intervals until melted.
- Add paramount crystals and LorAnn flavoring. Stir and place back in the microwave for 10 seconds. Stir until everything is smooth and melted.
- Put your popcorn in a large wide bowl. Pour your melted coatings over the popcorn and gently stir to distribute and coat evenly.
- Pour out onto a parchment or wax lined cookie sheet and place in the refrigerator.
- Once hardened break apart and enjoy!